Grocery and drug store aisles are lined with shelves full of vitamins and supplements. The large majority of these are synthetic man-made products - just like refined foods. When vitamins are synthetic they lack vital code, key instructional nutrients, that are so important to the body:
So even if you are faithfully taking supplements on a regular basis, you may not be getting very much nutrition at all.
1. Not our ancestors food: many fruits and vegetables are grown with pesticides and are genetically bred to improve visual appeal and crop yields, not nutritional value, which frequently results in lesser nutritional values than our ancestors’ food supply.
2. Erratic eating habits: eating on the run, and stress contribute to poor digestion, making it difficult for our bodies to extract all the nutrients it needs from food.
3. Prescription drug use: Most medications deplete essential nutrients, making people more vulnerable to deficiencies.
4. Specific times in life and health conditions may result in higher needs of certain nutrients. Additionally, we all have genetic weaknesses that cause each of us to need more of certain nutrients.
5. Prevention:Many nutrients have been proven to prevent or aid in the treatment of health conditions like high cholesterol, arthritis, birth defects, and cancer.
When building your natural medicine cabinet look for high quality organic whole food products that are from a trusted source. Below is an example of trusted products we use but there are many other great products available from other reputable sources. We research all products before offering them.
Food and nutrition play a critical role in fueling and healing our bodies. Sometimes however diet alone isn’t enough to give your body all that it needs. Because of all the processed foods we eat, the toxins we’re exposed to on a daily basis, and the increasing amounts of daily stress our bodies need more than just the basic supply of nutrients.
Most standard guidelines are built onthe premise that we can all thrive on the same guidance.
While there are many great pearls of nutritional wisdom on sites like MyPlate, we are each unique in our genetic makeup and our lifestyles.
Infants, children, athletes, adults, seniors, male, female and different ethnic groups all have different nutritional needs. Add in disease, environmental factors, stress, lifestyle habits and genetics and the diversity in nutritional needs only gets greater.
Think of your body as a computer and food (nutrition) is the instructions for that computer. The computer will only function as well as it's instructions. If you're not eating the proper items, in the proper amounts, then malfunctions occur. More often than not, this results in a gradual process of chronic illness and dysfunctions developing and compounding over years of time.
Using natural remedies reduces your risk of drug interactions, liver damage and toxicity while giving the body what it needs to heal, not just masking symptoms.
There is a lot of truth in the old adage "trust your gut". In researching our patient's health issues & seemingly unconnected multiple symptoms we have found a variety of serious health conditions that stem from their gut:
Whole Food Supplements
Whole-food supplements are made of blends of concentrated, dehydrated whole foods, containing all the known and unknown health benefits of that food.
These complex structures act as a code that tells the body all about that food, its nutrients, and when and how to best use it.
Immune function depends on the health of the gut and the majority of neurotransmitters are produced by the gut. Some researchers have even dubbed the gut as a "second brain". When your gut is not provided with the nutritional needs unique to you or it has been attacked by environmental factors or stress it is not able to produce a healthy immune system. We often see a number of serious gut issues that create much broader health symptoms and conditions: